Discussion

I needed to disable self-signups because I’ve been getting too many spam-type sign-ups lately. Please contact me directly if you want membership on this forum. Thanks.

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Grant's May 2022 Update

Page 1 of 12Next

@ggenereux2014

Have you considered the potential connection between zinc, quercetin, RBP, and your poor night vision and dry eyes?

Quercetin from onions is praised for its ability to get zinc into cells, yet the people offering this praise seem to have forgotten that the human body can manage zinc transport just fine in the absence of quercetin.  And, since quercetin is a plant compound that is monkeying with our physiology, the forced entry of zinc into the cells by quercetin is probably detrimental on some level.

I'm doing some off-the-cuff hypothesizing here, but...I wonder if quercetin from the onions you were eating, in combination with the regular consumption of phytic acid from rice and beans, has left your body a bit starved for RBP in the absence of enough available zinc, and the diminished presence of RBP in a state where you are already deprived of retinoids has led to a "spell" of symptomatic retinoid deficiency.

You blamed onions without providing any sort of mechanism by which it could cause poor night vision and dry eyes.  As a proponent of the carnivore diet, I am quite clearly in the "plants will try to kill you if you eat them" camp, and I've always hated onions, but I've also never heard of someone getting vision problems from consuming onions...doesn't seem like an expected reaction.

With regard to viruses...it seems like your position would have an extremely difficult time explaining all of the viral epidemics throughout history, the obvious immunity gained by exposure to one viral strain that does not convey immunity toward a different strain of the same virus, and the huge amount of research being conducted on viruses around the world (including the gain-of-function research that's led to SARS-COV-2).  Are we to believe that all of these researchers are complete idiots, or scammers?  The entire profession of virology is based on a misconception?  Every last virologist PhD has been hoodwinked, or is "in on it"?

I continue to reach the same conclusion about Vitamin A and viruses after reading your posts...you are asking us believe that hundreds of years of research into both of these topics - conducted by thousands of scientists from many generations living through very different cultural eras of history - is all just plainly wrong?

I appreciate your reporting on your self-experiments, the effort it took to reproduce the information you've presented about Vitamin A in your books, and your having made this forum available to people like me...but you'll have to forgive me for objecting to the "Vitamin A is poison" and "viruses don't exist" musings based on what's been presented thus far.

@ggenereux2014 your reaction to onions suggests a sluggish sulphur metabolism to me. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/232041262_The_Plasma_CysteineSulphate_Ratio_A_Possible_Clinical_Biomarker

Thanks for the interesting update. 

Lynne, kathy55wood and Andrew B have reacted to this post.
Lynnekathy55woodAndrew B

Hi @wavygravygadzooks,

RE: You blamed onions without providing any sort of mechanism by which it could cause poor night vision and dry eyes.

Here’s a mechanism:

“Breaking down the cells of onions releases enzymes called alliinases to break down amino acid sulphoxides and generate sulphenic acids. Sulphenic acids are unstable and spontaneously rearrange into a volatile gas called syn-propanethial-S-oxide.”

RE: With regard to viruses...it seems like your position would have an extremely difficult time explaining all of the viral epidemics throughout history, the obvious immunity gained by exposure to one viral strain that does not convey immunity toward a different strain of the same virus, and the huge amount of research being conducted on viruses around the world (including the gain-of-function research that's led to SARS-COV-2).  

No, it still fits. The protein particles that are currently being called “viruses” are still able to be transferred from person to person and cause disease. Another way to put it is that all so-called viruses are just another form of prions. You might ask what’s the big difference then? I think the very important understanding is that non-living entities cannot be microbes and that understanding completely changes how we should be dealing with them.

RE: you are asking us believe that hundreds of years of research into both of these topics - conducted by thousands of scientists from many generations living through very different cultural eras of history - is all just plainly wrong?

People can and will believe whatever they want to believe. Yes, I think the current science is just plainly wrong. I don’t care what other people say and believe, What matters to me is the real world evidence presented by what happens in nature. We now have 100’s of people from all around the world slowly recovering their health by being on a low vA diet. That to me completely trumps any “expert’s” opinion.

RE:  The entire profession of virology is based on a misconception? 

Yes, I think so. They could all pack up shop and we as a society would be vastly better off without them.

RE: Every last virologist PhD has been hoodwinked, or is "in on it"?

No, not really. They’ve just been trained and indoctrinated into this flawed science that’s been built up over the last 100 years. With that, almost none of them are allowed to, or even dares to, question the status quo on it. But, there have been a few brave ones who have spoken out. Nevertheless, I think the current general consensus among virologists is that “viruses” are not living entities and they can never become living entities. At least that much is understood. They just need to take the next tiny step of logical thinking and realize that they are all just proteins. Good ones and bad ones. They don’t replicate, they don’t mutate. They are all simply manufactured by our own cells. Therefore, vaccinating people against proteins that our own cells are manufacturing is incredibly stupid and dangerous.

So, if we can stay healthy we have nothing to worry about from so-called viruses. Of course, that is exactly what we’ve all witnessed happen in the real world during this covid pandemic. And to me, that real world evidence completely trumps all the fear mongering and lies from the so-called expert virologists.

Lynne, r and 9 other users have reacted to this post.
LynnerDavidkathy55woodRetinoiconAmandaEJudeAngelaAndrew BCharityLizzie
Quote from ggenereux on May 4, 2022, 7:26 am

So, if we can stay healthy we have nothing to worry about from so-called viruses. Of course, that is exactly what we’ve all witnessed happen in the real world during this covid pandemic. And to me, that real world evidence completely trumps all the fear mongering and lies from the so-called expert virologists.

In terms of having nothing to fear from viruses, are you speaking only of the handful of people (you, Dino, Tiago) who have succeeded in a vitamin A depleting diet? Should the rest of us who are still on the path be wary of the contamination from the proteins of others (whether from disease or vaccination shedding) and avoid crowds, etc? 

Also, does anything other than vitamin A detox prevent you from contamination from proteins when in crowds of other people?

Hi @jeremy,

RE: In terms of having nothing to fear from viruses, are you speaking only of the handful of people (you, Dino, Tiago) who have succeeded in a vitamin A depleting diet?

No, I’m referring to the hundreds of millions of young and healthy people from around the world who have proven to be naturally immune from covid. 

RE: Should the rest of us who are still on the path be wary of the contamination from the proteins of others (whether from disease or vaccination shedding) and avoid crowds, etc?

Yes, I completely agree there is a risk for many people being contaminated and then for that to cause a significant disease. 

RE: Also, does anything other than vitamin A detox prevent you from contamination from proteins when in crowds of other people?

I think that vA damaged / weakened cell membranes is one of the biggest risk factors.  But, of course it is not the only thing. 

Lynne, r and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
LynnerDavidRetinoiconAmandaE
Quote from ggenereux on May 4, 2022, 9:36 am

RE: Also, does anything other than vitamin A detox prevent you from contamination from proteins when in crowds of other people?

I think that vA damaged / weakened cell membranes is one of the biggest risk factors.  But, of course it is not the only thing. 

I meant "protect you from contamination", not "prevent you..." Sorry about that. Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid contamination other than avoiding crowds of people?

@ggenereux2014

It looks as though the sulfur compounds from cutting onions are aerosolized and irritate the eyes by forming sulfuric acid when coming into contact with liquids on the surface of the eye.  I would imagine those compounds are largely destroyed by cooking, and if they weren't, you should expect problems in your GI tract, not in your eyes.

Presumably, you have eaten onions many times in the past without having this reaction...how would you explain that?

I won't go any deeper into the virus thing, I can see it will not be productive.  But as strongly as I disagree with you on many fronts, I continue to appreciate your non-emotional responses and the lack of censorship on your forum.

@jaj

The guy has been eating meat and beans for 7 years now...why would he suddenly have a sulfur metabolism problem?  It's clearly some weird compound in the onions.

Charity has reacted to this post.
Charity

Bound sulphur (in meat) and free sulphur (in onions) have different effects. Onions are high on Greg Nigh’s list of foods that cause sulphur problems. Not everyone has an issue with all foods, some people have specific reactions. Read the book, you might learn something. 

Lynne, kathy55wood and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Lynnekathy55woodJudeAndrew BCharity

@jaj

You suggested Grant has a "sluggish sulfur metabolism", which is clearly wrong because he does fine with sulfur from meat and beans.

Sulfur in meat and onions have different effects because they serve different purposes: the purpose of many of the sulfur compounds in onions being defensive in nature and non-compatible with mammalian biology, and the purpose of sulfur in meat being a component of proteins that are integral to mammalian biology.

There's a reason herbivores absolutely hate alliums...they contain highly destructive compounds.  Any plant an herbivore won't touch is really toxic.

I listened to talks by Nigh years ago when I was trying to understand why I was getting hydrogen sulfide gas from cruciferous vegetables but not meat.  The obvious answer is that our bodies are built to assimilate the sulfur from meat, whereas there is some major variation in tolerance to the plant forms, quite possibly due to differences in gut bacteria, which seems to be the most likely explanation for my own problems (dysbiosis).  You hear Nigh say some people react to sulfur-containing plant foods that are "supposed to be healthy"...well, that's the problem that he's not acknowledging.  Those are not health-promoting foods, but some people manage to tolerate them better than others.

So, once again, it's not so much a matter of sulfur metabolism as it is a tolerance to plant toxins and xenobiotic forms of sulfur in plants.

I've always got more learning to do, but I've done quite a lot of that in the past 5 years on the nutrition front, to the point where the flaws in the logic of so many of these clinicians and researchers has become plainly obvious.  Their work is not completely pointless, but it's also not very necessary if you're willing to accept the fact that plants work very hard not to be eaten, many of us lack the ability to cope with their defense mechanisms, and there is a much simpler way to meet our body's needs without harming it in the process.  The body knows it...all you have to do is take your hands off your eyes and stop worshipping the plants that brought your body to its knees.

AmandaE and Jude have reacted to this post.
AmandaEJude

Just remembered why I starting avoiding this forum hmmm 🤔 

Lynne, David and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
LynneDavidkathy55woodAndrew B
Page 1 of 12Next