Discussion

I needed to disable self-signups because I’ve been getting too many spam-type sign-ups lately. Please contact me directly if you want membership on this forum. Thanks.

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Serious start:11 September 2019

PreviousPage 13 of 19Next

10 October 2021

It has been an interesting 4 weeks since my last update; 3 of which I was down with a flu. Comparing to all my previous flus (I think about 5 in total) it was pretty mild, with a headache and body ache the first day, then a productive cough, runny nose, fatigue and loss of sense of smell and poor taste sensation.

I am nearly recovered and my energy is almost back to normal. I still have some need to clear my lungs several times per day, and my sense of smell is still absent.

I read that zinc deficiency is behind the loss of smell, so I have been supplementing - and noticed that zinc gives me an increased sense of well being.

I have been musing over my total disaster with the carnivore diet (14 months) and it is now very clear that offal, excess fat and not drinking enough water were the culprits. I think I would have liked to get back to the carnivore - and this time the proper way - but then I am thinking that:

• Beans (soluble fibre) have such an important function in clearing the bile.
  • Mushrooms are so delicious and healthy (especially the wild mushrooms).
  • Sauerkraut is full of vitamin C to which I have certain affinity to.
  • (I had rice 3 x per day since starting this journey but suddenly I lost interest in it).
  • (I had a voracious appetite for garlic for several days; satisfied and gone now). 

With these hung-ups I would not be a diligent carnivore. Not yet, anyway.

I definitely noticed improvements in my digestive functions. I no longer feel that I have a “weak digestion” - something that plagued me forever.

Hair loss that happened along the way is now under control. There are couple of hairs on the brush but nothing to worry about.

My sleep was absolutely amazing during flu; now it is still good but falling asleep can sometimes be a challenge which I resolve with melatonin when absolutely necessary. I think I know why but need to replicate it to be sure. 

I lowered my vitamin C intake since starting zinc and so far I haven’t gotten any blood blisters in my mouth.

Mentally I feel rather zen, which is nice. With everything that is happening in the world, I am managing to find a small, peaceful place within me where there is no trouble.

Ourania, Hermes and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
OuraniaHermesSussankathy55wood

My Insomnia Is Food Related!
I have now verified this on several occasions. Coffee is the worst, cocoa and dark chocolate follow. Bread that has gluten as well - even a sourdough rye! 🙁 Having removed the offenders, my sleep is much improved. 

I have been diving into the non-dietary healing modalities. Having spent most of my professional life working with energies through the acupuncture needles, I am now researching the tuning forks. (Eileen McKusick). I am also fascinated by water as the medium that can receive and hold messages. (Masaru Emoto and Veda Austin).  
After years of digging into the scientific studies as the pinnacle of health information, I am now viscerally aware of various other paradigms of health and question the mainstream science with ferocity. Or rather, I am moving on into a different paradigm which I am now fully prepared to receive. 

I am recovered from the flu other than my sense of smell. It is annoying not to be able to smell. We rarely know how important is one of the senses until we loose it.

I am still working on the subtle adjustments of my supplements. I still need them. 
Calcium (from egg shells) gives me constipation. Too little Magnesium causes return of angina. As an experiment, I replaced Ascorbic Acid with the whole food vitamin C. So far I didn’t get any blood blisters in my mouth. Instead of the blisters, there are two small dark patches. So the haemorrhage is much smaller but still present. I also continue the Zinc/Cu and Quercetin.

I am trying once again to drop my constant research of the “plandemic et al.” There is so much information out there. Not sure if I am sticking my head in the sand or preserving my sanity… 🧐 

24 Oct. update

I really enjoy taking the whole food vitamin C but unfortunately a blood blister popped in my mouth, so yesterday I added 1000mg ascorbic acid. I also started on lysine because every time I eat some nuts (and 1 oz is all I have at a time), I get H. simplex outbreak.  

Jenny and Sussan have reacted to this post.
JennySussan

Nov.5, 2021. A note  about the latest improvements (which are easy to forget over time) and remaining challenges. 

Throat tightness and inner cold are two symptoms I get when I forget to take my thyroid meds on time. Lately, I noticed that I no longer get this tightness which is a relief. 

I still did not regain my sense of smell post flu I had in mid September. I increased the dose of Zinc (from 30mg) (Zinc Balance, Jarrow Formulas) with no positive results so far.

I also increased Magnesium (from 600mg) as my angina on exertion came back. I take Mg Malate, L-Threonate and Taurate.

With lower dose of ascorbic acid (3g per day), the blood filled blisters started to appear in my mouth daily. So back to a higher dose.
I also take Lysine as my H.simplex started to pop up.

This is an awful lot of supplements for someone who tries not to take any. Some say that supplements are unnecessary and a waste of money. Sadly, this doesn’t appear to be so in my case. 

At present I take:

Ascorbic acid 8000mg
Lysine 2100mg
Magnesium 1500mg 
Zinc (90mg)
Copper 3mg

Hermes has reacted to this post.
Hermes

I feel you on trying to stay on as few supplements as possible. What can you do when you notice the difference? I think it's totally okay to take the supplements you've listed for longer times. I'm sure the day comes when you are able to drop them all. I try to tell myself the same thing. On this day, I'll be fine without any additional things.

Beata has reacted to this post.
Beata

@christian, yes, all we can do is hope that the day without many little bottles on the table will come. At this point my symptoms are just too severe to stop them. Work in progress…

@beata-2, how long have you been on the low vitamin A diet so far? It's been more than two years for me, and I'm not quite there yet. Sleep is still a challenge for me. Days with good sleep are so much easier. How is sleep for you?

Beata

You answer it in the title thread. 🙂

Beata

@christian,

My sleep is good at the moment but this fluctuates. I had a period where falling asleep was a nightmare! Now it is easier and I have nights of amazing deep, restful sleep more and more frequently. 
And yes, over 2 years of low VA for me. I have been very strict for a long time until recently when I got an absolutely incredible craving for cheese. I had an ounce twice and the craving is now gone. Also, recently, I had a can of sardines due to a strong craving. Now I am back to my fare of meat, beans, rice and occasionally parsnips and peeled apples. 

Hermes and kathy55wood have reacted to this post.
Hermeskathy55wood
Даниил has reacted to this post.
Даниил

@christian, yes, 9 hours of sleep is probably my minimum. I think that the improvements come with continuous VA detox. I also have to be careful not to have anything caffeinated as this affects my sleep in a big way. Excess histamine gives me insomnia, so any ferments (sauerkraut and miso) I have early in a day and in small quantities. I noticed that when I have an allergic reaction (after a visit to the woods for instance), a dose of aspirin helps me in falling asleep. I also sleep in a very dark bedroom, switch the bedroom’s electricity off and wear my blue light blocking glasses when using the ipad late.

This very simple diet fixed my digestion like nothing else. I have rice congee at least twice per day and I find it very soothing to my system. I always likes beans but stayed away from them because of the various programs I followed. This was too bad as I find beans delicious and filling. Sugar and honey? Nooooot for me 🙂 

Hermes and Даниил have reacted to this post.
HermesДаниил
PreviousPage 13 of 19Next